Menu: Products / Product Sections
Editions: Cloud, Corporate, Store
Product Sections are the primary level used to categorize the public product listings available in the Cart App, Order Pad, and ecommerce pages. They fit into the following categorization scheme:
- Product sections contain product groups.
- Product groups contain products.
- A product group can belong to multiple product sections.
- A product can belong to multiple product groups.
- Code is an unique identifier for the product section.
- This value may be referenced by other systems, including during import and export.
- The value cannot be changed after the product section is first saved, unless the clerk has Change Codes permission.
- Name is the name of the section. This value is displayed in product listings.
- Display Order is the order in which the section is displayed, relative to other sections. Sections with higher display orders are shown last. Otherwise, sections with the same display order are sorted alphabetically.
- Banner is an optional product banner that is displayed at the top of the section.