Menu: Stores & Locations / Locations
Editions: Cloud, Corporate, Store
Location groups are used to represent collections of locations. Every location can belong to one or more location groups.
Some purposes of locations groups are to:
- Identify which locations are available for order fulfillment and pickup. Checkout methods – which configure the mobile checkout process – use the location groups for this purpose.
- Identify which locations must be matched when using loyalty point rules.
- Code is an unique identifier for the location group.
- This value may be referenced by other systems, including during import and export.
- The value cannot be changed after the location group is first saved, unless the clerk has Change Codes permission.
- Name is the name of the location group. This value is not displayed to customers.
- Note is an optional note about the location group. This value is not displayed to customers.