Menu: Stores & Locations / Locations
Editions: Cloud, Corporate, Store
Locations are stores, other retail outlets, or other locations where organization activity is carried out.
Locations may or may not be visible to customers.
a) Standard Fields
- Code is an unique identifier for the location.
- This value may be referenced by other systems, including during import and export.
- The value cannot be changed after the location is first saved, unless the clerk has Change Codes permission.
- Name is the name of the store. The name is displayed to customers.
- Display in public location listings indicates whether the location is displayed to customers in the Cart App and ecommerce pages.
- Groups are the location groups assigned to the location. Locations should generally belong to at least one location group.
- Description is the description of the location, in rich-text markdown format. The description is displayed to customers.
- Schedule Notes are optional schedule notes for the location, in rich-text markdown format. The schedule notes are displayed to customers.
Use the Media field to set the images that are displayed for the location.
- Multiple images can be uploaded. All images are shown in the location’s detail page as an image gallery.
- The first image is considered the product’s location image, and is shown in location listings.
- You can drag & drop the images to re-order them.
The recommended size of location images is TODO pixels, or a similar aspect ratio.
There are several fields that capture contact information for the location. All of these fields are potentially displayed to customers.
- Website URL
- Facebook URL
- Twitter URL
- Instagram URL
- Pinterest URL
If entered, the location address is displayed to customers.
A map is also displayed if Google Maps integration is enabled via the Addresses feature.
b) POS Integration
Via the POS feature, Fusion POS Corporate and Store editions directly integrate the Windows Register store table with Location items.
With this integration you should not need to manually create location items. The Store Background Task automatically creates location items based on the Register store records.
- However, these location items will be missing extended values like descriptions and images.
- Accordingly, imported locations are imported with an Unpublished status, and Display in public location listings is disabled by default.
- Any locations that you want make available to public listings should be updated to include these missing values.
- Once updated with the missing values, the locations can be published.
POS Integration also performs some additional logic to validate location codes.
Each location Code should match a Register Store record by its store code.
A warning is shown if the Code does not match a valid and active store record.