The POS Install settings page is used prior to enabling the POS integration. This setting instructs POS how to perform database migrations with the POS (Register) tables that are used with the POS integration.
There are two general scenarios:
- POS is installed on an empty database, where there are no existing POS tables.
- POS is installed on an existing database that already contains POS tables.
For an empty database:
- Choose NEW INSTALL as the Initial Database Version.
- With this option selected, POS database migrations will automatically create the most current POS table structure when the POS feature is enabled.
For a database that already has existing POS tables:
- Choose the database version number that corresponds to the POS table structure.
- The database version should be gathered during client pre-install checklist.
- With this option selected, POS database migrations will only upgrade the table structure to the most current POS database version as necessary.
This setting must be specified before the POS feature is enabled.
If the database version does not appear in the drop-down list, do not proceed with an incorrect database version.
- If the existing database version is older than those in the drop-down list, you must manually patch the database (using the Register migrations tool, for example) to one of the listed versions.
- If the existing database version is newer than those in the drop-down list, a new POS server version must be installed to use the newer table structure.