Menu: Products / Products
Editions: Cloud, Corporate, Store
Products are the representation of inventory items that are displayed to the public through product listings in the Cart App, Order Pad and ecommerce pages. A product item captures extra fields and categories that are required for display in these listings.
Not all inventory items need to be products, but each product must reference a valid (active) inventory record.
a) Standard Fields
The key fields are:
- SKU is the product SKU. The SKU should match an inventory record SKU; if it does not, it cannot be published.
- Name is the short-form name for the product. This name is displayed in product listings.
- Long Name is an optional, long-form name for the product. The long form name is displayed in product details.
- Description is the description of the product, in rich-text markdown format.
- Groups are the product groups in which the products are displayed. Product groups (and sections) are used to categorize product listings.
Notices are re-usable pieces of text – Product Notices – that are included in the product description.
- Notices are primarily ordered by their display order.
- If notices have the same display order, they are also sorted by the order in which they are listed in the product.
- Notices can be sorted by using drag & drop within the Product editor page.
Use the Media field to set the images that are displayed for the product.
- Multiple images can be uploaded. All images are shown in the product’s detail page as an image gallery.
- The first image is considered the product’s default image, and is shown in product listings.
- You can drag & drop the images to re-order them.
The recommended size of product images is TODO pixels, or a similar aspect ratio.
Base Price Field
The Base Price field is the default price that is shown to customers in the Cart App. Note that exact prices for an item are calculated during checkout.
b) POS Integration
Via the POS feature, Fusion POS Corporate and Store editions directly integrate the Windows Register inventory tables with Product content items.
With this integration you should not need to manually create product items. The Product Background Task automatically creates product items based on the Register inventory records.
- However, these product items will be missing extended values like descriptions and images.
- Accordingly, the product items are imported with a Unpublished status.
- Any products that you want make available to public listings should be updated to include these missing values.
- Once updated with the missing values, the products can be published.
POS Integration also performs some additional logic to validate product SKUs.
- Each product SKU should match an inventory record in the POS Inventory master and location tables.
- A warning is shown if the SKU does not match a valid and active record.
- Inventory items should have an inventory location record that corresponds to the location assigned to Fusion POS.
- The Fusion POS POS location is assigned via the current Register field in POS Settings.
For large volumes of data, you can import extended data for products as an alternative to editing them manually.
See: Importing Data