Release notes now include new features and bug fixes for all POS components. These components include:
- Fusion Register
- POS Server
- ASI ACU
a) New Features
1144 POS Server – Move XMS POS migrations to DbPatch
- POS Server no longer performs database migrations of POS tables; instead, migrations are managed by the POS DbPatch utility.
- Previously, if a client required POS integration with POS Server, Support and Implementations had to deploy and maintain the same version of POS Server at every location (cloud, corp, and every store). Not doing so could result in errors when the Comms service was run. With this improvement, this requirement no longer exists – you can only deploy the POS Server instances to only the locations that are needed.
b) Bug Fixes / Critical Improvements
993 Fusion Register – MSQ still having trouble printing a receipt when someone makes a payment
- Validations were added for the use of the current Register, validations are removed in the printing methods that prevent the printing of a payment on account from the invoice.
1166 ASI ACU – Downsync Customers Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- The field branch was expected in the ASI, however there might be Customers that don’t use Branches such as Vintage Co. A validation was added to the ASI to allow null values for the Branch field.
1050 ASI ACU – Downsync Error message: Unrecognized message version
- The problem was that the customer data had special characters. The data in the customer sandbox was corrected and the corresponding tests were carried out. The records with errors were provided to be fixed on their live production site.