The Features page enables support to selectively enable and disable POS features. Features are the backbone of the flexibility of POS deployments.
Features can be categorized into four broad categories:
- These features are optional features.
- Administrators can manually enable and disable these features as needed.
Fusion POS (Supporting)
- These features support the optional Fusion POS optional features, and are automatically enabled by other features or by the Setup Guide.
- Administrators do not need to manually enable these features.
- If disabling an optional feature, an administrator can manually disable supporting features if they have determined that the supporting features are not used by other optional features.
Fusion POS (Other)
- These features are either experimental, obsolete, or intended for a organization-specific customization.
- These features should only be enabled upon special request.
- There are many other features that support POS functions.
- These features are enabled and disabled by the Setup Guide and POS features.
- These features should only be manually enabled upon special request.
As there is some complexity to how these features can be arranged and configured, this section describes the most important features that can be manually enabled and disabled.
The following is a list of optional POS features, and when they can and should be enabled.
|Cart App (recommended)
|Acumatica integration (e.g. rollup). You must select the feature appropriate to your installed version of Acumatica.
|Perform sales tax calculations using the Avalara Avatax tax processor.
|Create/print/download bar code images.
|Store-based tax calculations using tax schedules that are configured for the Fusion Register. Review tax requirements with a tax professional before enabling.
|Required for online orders submitted via the Cart App.
|Required for online orders submitted via Cart App or Order Pad.
|Enable ‘influencer’ members to promote the service and sign up new members.
|Manage and display customer-facing events.
|Perform payment transactions using the Fortis payments processor.
|Fulfill orders in POS, from this location.
|Track physical and electronic gift cards.
|Manage and display locations to the public.
|Generate, track and consume loyalty points.
|Support self-managed member accounts; required by Cart App.
|Add membership levels to member accounts.
|Required by Checkout.
|POS Browser Integration
|Extended UI for Fusion Registers.
|Display product information.
|Capture, record, analyze and view purchase information from multiple sources. This is automatically enabled if you enable Loyalty Points.
|Gather purchase activity from Fusion Register data, and send it to the Cloud tenant. Important: remember to enable this feature on the Corporate tenant if you’d like to record purchases for Register activity, e.g. to generate loyalty points.
|Consolidate multiple Fusion Register sale transactions into a single ERP transaction, to reduce ERP load and activity.