Steps to modify a PayPal invoice
If an order changes during the lifecycle of an order, the PayPal invoice must be changed as well to ensure the customer’s payment is correct.
Steps to add a PayPal invoice
A PayPal invoice will have to be updated if items are added to a Sales Order after the invoice has already been sent.
- Navigate to the Sales Orders workspace and click Sales Orders.
- Select a Sales Order with a PayPal invoice request that has already been sent, but not yet paid.
- Add the line item(s) to the customer’s requested sales order.
- Click the PayPal Invoice tab.
- Click Save.
The pending invoice that was sent will be cancelled, and a new invoice will then populate with a new invoice reference number. The customer sees a cancelled invoice on their PayPal account for the previous amount and a new invoice for the updated total.
If the sales order changes, but the invoice’s payment has already been paid, a payment in Payments and Applications must be created with the sales order’s corresponding Acumatica invoice.
Steps to cancel a PayPal invoice
If a PayPal invoice request needs to be cancelled and the PayPal invoice is not paid, navigate to the Sales Order workspace, then click Sales Orders.
- Select the Sales Order with the PayPal invoice request that needs to be cancelled.
- Click on the PayPal Invoice tab.
- Click Cancel PayPal Invoice.
- A new line appears in the table indicating that the PayPal invoice is now cancelled.
- The customer also sees that the invoice is now cancelled, and no longer has the option to pay the invoice.
- If the PayPal invoice has already been paid, the invoice cannot be cancelled, and a refund must be made.
Steps to Refund a PayPal Invoice
- To refund a PayPal invoice, navigate to the Receivables workspace and select Payments and Applications.
- Click the (+) to create a new refund.
- Select the Customer to refund.
- Select the Payment Method PAYPAL.
- Select the Cash Account.
- Select the Type Customer Refund.
- Click (+) to add a new document under the Documents to Apply tab.
- Select the Document Type as Payment.
- Enter the Payment Reference Number.
- This can be found on the sales order under the Payments tab.
- The PayPal Invoice tab will appear.
The invoice status will be listed as Partially Refunded or Fully Refunded depending on the amount refunded on the order.
The customer will receive a refund notice on the invoice in their PayPal account.