Braintree Payments on the Sales Order Screen
Processing Braintree payments via the Sales Order screen allows users to Request Braintree Payments.
Note: This provides you with the ability to select a tokenized payment processing option.
Navigate to the Sales Order Screen.
Click the Plus icon to create a new Sales Order
Select a Customer.
Add stock items in the Document Details tab.
The Sales Order MUST have a Sales Order ID before a Payment can be created.
Click the Payments tab.
Click Create Payment.
- A dialogue box will appear to add the Payment Details.
8. Select the Payment Method as BRAINTREE (or the name of the Payment Method ID that was created during configuration.)
If a Braintree payment method(s) exists for the customer already, they will populate in the Card/Account field and can be selected. Then, click Authorize or Capture to continue with the transaction.
- For New Cards, toggle on the New Card box.
- Select the Cash Account for the transaction.
- The default cash account selected in the configuration will appear but can be changed if multiple cash accounts were added to the payment method in the configuration.
- Select the Processing Center ID.
- This will default to the Processing Center that was created during configuration.
- Click Authorize.
- A secure, hosted form will appear to enter the Credit Card details for the customer.
- CC Number
- Expiration Date
- Enter the CC Details for the Customer.
- Click Submit.
- A new payment will now appear in the Payments tab of the Sales Order with Processing Status as Pre-Authorized.
- This will also now be reflected in Braintree as an authorized transaction.
- When ready to Capture payment, select the payment in the table on the Payments tab.
- Click Capture.
The successful capture of the transaction will render a Processing Status of Captured.
- This will now be reflected in Braintree as Submitted for Settlement.
If the payment must be voided, select the payment in the table on the Payments tab.
- Click Void Card Payment.
- The payment will be voided and the unpaid balance will be updated.
- This will now be reflected in Braintree as a cancelled transaction.